Honors Alum Visit

Picture of Honors Alum, Emily LoBraico having lunch with Honors studentsWe were delighted to host Honors alumna, Emily LoBraico (A&S ’15), who was visiting campus for a few days in mid October and had an opportunity to spent some time with current Honors students.  Emily, who is currently a doctoral candidate in Human Development and Family Studies (HDFS) at Penn State, shared about her experiences in the Honors program and how they prepared her for graduate studies.  Her itinerary included visits to first year orientation seminar classes where she spoke with first year students, a luncheon with Honors and SOURCE students where she shared about her current research project, and a meeting with current students who are new to Honors this semester but are not first year students.  Emily attributes a lot of her current academic success to the foundation that she received at Syracuse University and the Honors program:

“Syracuse, and especially the honors program, prepared me so well for my rigorous graduate program. In the past four years, I have been able to successfully pass each of my milestones, earn my M.S., publish my research, and even secure my own F31/NRSA predoctoral funding from the NIH. I am very lucky to have been exposed to the research experience when working on my undergraduate honors thesis – it truly impacted me.”

We are very proud of her accomplishments and wish her all the best in her future endeavors.  Thanks for visiting, Emily!

Honors News Archives