Grant Award Report
About Professional Development Grants
Honors Development Grants provide one-time funding of up to $1,000.00 to Honors students in good standing, to defray the costs of participating in academic conferences and professional development activities. Awards are intended to partially reimburse transportation, lodging, registration and meal expenses.
For research, creative works, conference travel, and professional development activities, applications are accepted on a rolling basis but must be submitted at least one month prior to the travel date.
- Applicants must be matriculated Syracuse University students, in good standing in the Honors Program and must be registered full-time during the semester that the award is granted. Read more about what 'good standing in Honors' entails here. Please note that your application will also be reviewed in light of how engaged and involved you've been with the program in completing requirements.
- Applicants who are presenting their research or creative work at the conference will be given priority consideration, but students who wish to attend a conference at which they will not be presenting can also apply.
- Prior recipients of the Honors Professional Development Grants are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
- Submit an application outlining your proposed activity, and provide a summary budget of costs you would incur. These items include registrations, travel expenses, and preparation costs (like printing and shipping a research poster).
- You will need a recommendation for this activity from a mentor. When you apply, they will receive a form link to fill out a recommendation for you.
- Honors will review your application (and recommendation) and notify you of the amount of your award.
- Honors will disburse your full award amount directly to your bursar account. These are student support grants, so there is no need for you to fuss with getting reimbursed. Nor do you need to save and submit receipts.
- Go take advantage of your amazing opportunity!
- Come back and fill out a grant report telling us all about it. We require this step to share this data with the donors who make this possible, but also to learn about how these opportunities benefit students.
Ready to Submit your Grant Report?
Submit your grant report at the link to the right. The questionnaire will ask you open ended questions about your experience and your grant. Honors will be publishing your report as a post to this website, and also sharing with our donors who provide these grants. You can browse the posts here on the right as examples of how you will want to answer the questions in the report questionnaire.
Professional Development Grant Experiences
I was able to travel to Israel and the Palestine Authority with the Hillel Center.…
The American Chemical Society (ACS) holds two national conferences each year, and this year, the…
The Innovate Ireland program allowed me to experience the wonders of Ireland while learning about…
Attending DCentralCon in Miami opened my eyes to the trending and current discussions in the…
Through the Honors Professional Development Grant I was able to attend and present at the…