I was able to travel to Israel and the Palestine Authority with the Hillel Center. This was a 10-day journey where I was able to visit different parts of Israel and the Palestine Authority to better understand the conflict going on. Different destinations included Ramallah, the capital of Palestine, the Old City of Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Tel Aviv, and Haifa. On top of being able to travel to different cities, students were able to talk to people affected by the conflict and understand their experiences. In the end, students had a better general understanding of the conflict and the connections to learn more.

I was surprised to see so much discrimination due to religion in the State of Israel. While some of it makes sense, due to the suicide bombings during the early 2000s, it seems that the majority of the discrimination is doing more damage to the Palestine community and Israel’s relationship to Palestine.

After this activity, I plan to do further research on the Save a Child’s Heart organization in Tel Aviv. A few people from the trip, along with myself, are interested in hosting a fundraiser for them on the Syracuse University campus.

More Honors News

Phil Lockitt

July 12, 2024

Nash Pena

July 12, 2024

Grace Ripperger

July 8, 2024

Alexis Wilner

July 8, 2024

Megan Cooper

July 5, 2024

Tynan Weathers

July 5, 2024

Veronica Poole

July 1, 2024

MJ Gray

July 1, 2024

Sophie Creager-Roberts

June 28, 2024

Brendan Murty

June 24, 2024
Search our site

Search Our Site

Archives