Honors Student Selected for Kaish Fellowship

photo of Elizabeth Su in art museum
Elizabeth Su, sophomore in the Honors program, is the first student selected for the Kaish Fellowship.

Honors student Elizabeth Su, biomedical engineering and neuroscience, was recently selected as first Kaish Fellow with the Syracuse University Art Museum. Syracuse University alumni and prominent artists Luise ’46, G’51 and Morton ’49 Kaish made a major gift to the university, the Luise and Morton Kaish Gallery Endowed Fund, that included the establishment of the Kaish Fellowship program. The program provides funding to enable undergraduate students from every discipline to undertake original research on the permanent art collection and to work with museum staff on exhibitions, scholarly publications and public programming.

Su, a biomedical engineering and neuroscience major, has always been interested in art, and was intrigued for the opportunity for interdisciplinary research. When she interviewed, she focused on a topic that she has always been interested in—dreams. “In my career, I want to find a way to understand dreams—and maybe even record them. They’re my passion.” Read the full story here.

More Honors News

“I Smiled As I Died”

November 29, 2022

Songwriter Showcase

November 29, 2022

Honors Activities

November 21, 2022

Honors Alum Returns with Film

November 4, 2022

Race Bias in AI

November 3, 2022

Information Session

October 28, 2022

Remembrance Week Schedule

October 17, 2022

Reclaiming a Progressive Faith-Based Vision

September 23, 2022

Honors Welcomes Manish Bhardwaj to Orange Central

September 22, 2022

Honors News Archives