Nash Pena

During my internship, I worked with an organization called Inkululeko to assist in designing and formatting an Annual Report. I assisted in creating graphic designs and layouts for the non-profit, which helps provide education in South Africa, in order to demonstrate their accomplishments and mission throughout the past year. I utilized what I learned about the current schooling issue in South Africa through research and previous Syracuse courses to help a team provide a youthful yet educationally formatted annual report. By doing so, we were able to release something to both help promote support for Inkululeko’s mission and teach a wider audience about the importance of education equity in South Africa following Apartheid. I learned vital lessons on teamwork, communication, and the integration of ideas from larger groups in order to formulate the vision of an organization. I plan on taking part in future trip opportunities to South Africa in order to learn more about the education crisis and find other ways that I can assist in utilizing the opportunities I have been given that others have been denied in terms of higher education.

Abigail Greenfield

September 5, 2024

Joshua Spode

September 5, 2024

Call for Submissions: Tell Your Story Walking 2024

September 3, 2024

Qiong Wu

September 3, 2024

Victoria Knight

September 3, 2024

Maryn Ascher

August 29, 2024

Erin Moore

August 29, 2024

New Student Welcome Dinner

August 29, 2024
Search our site

Search Our Site

Archives