Linda Baguma.

Working with my first non-profit organization this past summer was an incredibly enriching experience. It provided me with a profound insight into the realm of non-profit organizations and equipped me with a deep understanding of the inner workings of the non-profit sector. Additionally, it granted me a unique opportunity to immerse myself in a new community, gaining valuable exposure to their way of life and culture.

My internship with the Congolese women from COWVIA proved to me that I am actually unaware of the many challenges that my community and other refugees and immigrants face. This experience, in its entirety, has not only broadened my horizons but also fostered a sense of purpose within me. It has ignited a passion for social change and community development that I intend to carry forward in my future endeavors. Moreover, the skills I acquired during my time with this organization, such as effective communication, project management, and the ability to connect with diverse groups of people, will undoubtedly serve as a strong foundation for my continued work in the nonprofit sector.

My plans for further development include sharing my insights through a publication, delving deeper into research related to the community’s challenges, staying engaged with the community, advancing my skills through training, and advocating for nonprofit causes. These efforts aim to not only enhance my own abilities but also contribute positively to the nonprofit sector and the communities it serves.

Search our site

Search Our Site

Archives