Professor, Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
Excerpted from The College of Engineering & Computer Science
Modeling complex systems for improved control, forecasting, and signal processing is at the heart of my current research. I use a combination of analytical and computational methods, such as neural nets, fuzzy logic and genetic algorithms, validated by experimental and simulated data. We have applied this approach to process control, indoor environmental control, medical instrumentation, diagnostics and prognostics, and computational finance.
- Ph.D. University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 1985.
- M.S. Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey, 1980.
- B.S. Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey, 1978.
- Syracuse Center of Excellence
- CASE Center
- Intelligent systems applications
- Indoor environment control
- Modeling and forecasting for financial systems
- Medical Instrumentation
- Eta Kappa Nu, Member
- Tau Beta Pi, Member
- Golden Key, Honorary Member
- Who is Who in Science and Engineering, 9th Edition, 2006
- Outstanding Undergraduate Teacher, Eta Kappa Nu Syracuse University Chapter, 1998
- K.S. Fu Award, North American Fuzzy Information Processing Society, 1997
- Outstanding Service Award, Syracuse University, College of ECS, 1997
- Who is Who in American Education, 4th Edition, 1994
- University of Florida, Presidential Recognition, 1983