Congratulations to Anthony Schramm, Winner of Career Achievement Award

Anthony SchrammAnthony Schramm (AS ’16) is the winner of the 2016 Civic Engagement Career Achievement Award. Anthony has filled many roles on the Syracuse University Ambulance team, acting as a Crew Chief, Driver, Dual Field Training Officer, First Responder, Dispatcher and currently EMS Supervisor. Anthony has contributed over 1,000 hours serving at his home away from home, SUA.

Anthony feels his civic engagement has had an impact on his personal growth and that it “will continue to help me as I begin a career in academic medicine. SUA has shaped my specialty interests towards Trauma/Emergency Surgery and medical teaching, as well as helped me gain acceptance to various MD/PhD programs where I plan to serve in the student health volunteer clinics.”

Though he has many stories to tell from his four years of service, “responding to dispatches including childbirth and deaths,” Anthony wants to “emphasize the impacts that are muted, yet imperative, to our society. Our job as EMTs is to provide care; however, I seek to utilize this opportunity to increase the awareness and influence of SU resources. I have helped establish other collegiate agencies by modeling SUA operations in multiple states, and even abroad. At our own campus, I am a certified CPR instructor to increase public health amongst peers and faculty. Furthermore, I continue to communicate the unacceptable extent of mental health and sexual assault with other SU leaders, and extend the resources of Counseling Services and Vera House, among others.”

Congratulations and thank you to Anthony for his four years of service.

More Honors News

Come Drum with Us!

January 25, 2023

December Presentation Day

December 8, 2022

Poetry for the People Showcase

December 2, 2022

“I Smiled As I Died”

November 29, 2022

Songwriter Showcase

November 29, 2022

Honors Activities

November 21, 2022

Honors Alum Returns with Film

November 4, 2022

Race Bias in AI

November 3, 2022

Information Session

October 28, 2022

Honors News Archives