Kevin Nguyen

My summer business internship was both engaging and novel to me, as I had never visited the West Coast before. The Honors Internship Grant allowed me to dedicate myself to learning, contributing to the firm, and networking. Among my accomplishments were collaborating with two teams to integrate alternative investment insights into client strategies, providing asset allocation recommendations based on client profiles, and presenting an alternative investment fund to senior leaders. It was interesting to step out of my comfort zone and meet new people from diverse backgrounds. 

Nothing about my internship was unexpected or surprising, however, there were many aspects I was unfamiliar with beforehand. I learned a great deal during the internship, including finance terminology, specific types of funds, and various strategies related to asset allocation. I plan to continue my career in finance, but this experience has also opened my eyes to potential opportunities in the tech industry. I intend to leverage the connections I’ve made and the knowledge I’ve gained, as these will undoubtedly be valuable in my future, regardless of the path I choose. 

Search our site

Search Our Site

Archives