Mark Nzasi

I would like to thank those who made it possible for me to receive the Professional Development Grant for the Spring semester of 2024. Utilizing this resource, I was able to travel to the Eastern Psychology Association and present my research for the first time at a national conference! This was an incredible experience, and I had the opportunity to present my Behavioral Neuroscience research on the effects of maternal separation on the odor and social capabilities of adolescent CD-1 Mice. Beyond presenting, I was also able to network with countless other undergraduates and professors from other institutions. I am very grateful for the funding that made this possible.

I wasn’t aware of the range of psychology research that I would encounter at the EPA conference. Going into the conference I expected the typical topics that one would usually think of like social relations, anxiety, behavior, etc. However, when I was listening to the undergraduates from other institutions share their research I was shocked at how diverse the topics were, from the psychology of joke telling to the psychology of underground fight club wrestlers. This is also why I love research and psychology- there is no limit or standard approach!

I am looking forward to publishing the research that I have been working on since Summer 2023. I also look forward to attending more conferences in the Fall and Spring semester, and to fully take advantage of the opportunities that research provides for undergraduate students. I love that there are no bounds to being a research student, the sky is the limit truly! I am a student who never thought I would partake in these activities and am blessed to have had the chance to do so.

More Honors News

Lili Williams

September 17, 2024

Go to England over Spring Break for Credit!

September 13, 2024

Honors Program Climbing Wall Event

September 13, 2024

Kevin Nguyen

September 10, 2024

Honors Core Faculty Research Session

September 10, 2024

Holden Observatory Tour

September 10, 2024

Library Resources Info Session

September 9, 2024

Abigail Greenfield

September 5, 2024

Joshua Spode

September 5, 2024
Search our site

Search Our Site

Archives