Megan Cooper

In May 2023, I returned to Chile, where I studied abroad in the first semester of 2022 to research populism and indigenous conflict in the south of the country. I spent two weeks in Chile: the first week in Santiago, where I conducted interviews with government leaders, and the second week in the region of Araucanía. In the south, I spoke with workers about their experience living in a conflict situation. I was able to use my Spanish, develop my research skills, and return to a place that has meant a lot to my personal, academic, and professional development.

Before this experience, I had never conducted this type of qualitative research before. I didn’t know what it would be like to travel and do research, though I loved the start of the research process. Leaving Chile, I felt confident that I am interested in pursuing this type of work professionally. I will graduate in December of 2023, and hopefully by then I will be able to publish what I have worked on. Beyond this specific project, I hope to continue to research, eventually planning to pursue a graduate degree in geography.

More Honors News

Phil Lockitt

July 12, 2024

Nash Pena

July 12, 2024

Grace Ripperger

July 8, 2024

Alexis Wilner

July 8, 2024

Tynan Weathers

July 5, 2024

Veronica Poole

July 1, 2024

MJ Gray

July 1, 2024

Sophie Creager-Roberts

June 28, 2024

Brendan Murty

June 24, 2024

Emma Covey

June 21, 2024
Search our site

Search Our Site

Archives