Aaron atop a building with O'Donnel & Naccarato Structural Engineers.

My internship with O’Donnell & Naccarato Structural Engineers was a rewarding experience that I firmly believe has elevated me professionally. I had a great opportunity to network with engineers who were able to provide me with career advice. The work itself helped me develop my technical, communication, and time management skills. Despite the challenges that came with the various engineering projects I worked on, there was always an opportunity to grow as a part of the team. My internship was an overall enjoyable experience, and I would certainly be willing to return to the firm.

One thing that I was surprised about was the amount of exposure I had to restoration projects. I had mostly envisioned an experience that pertained to the design of buildings, but certain experiences like site visits allowed me to learn more about this other type of work.

Following the internship, I plan to build on my experiences to land another internship for summer 2024. While my role at O&N strengthened my interest in the structural engineering industry, I will also seek to gain a different experience pertaining to civil engineering. In addition, I plan on utilizing what I learned this past summer as a foundation for the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) bridge competition. The skills that I developed during my time there will help me be a valuable part of the team.

Search our site

Search Our Site

Archives