Mary-Fitzgerald
Mary Fitzgerald
Hometown: East Brunswick, NJ
School of Education

Mary: I’m a junior inclusive elementary and special education major with a planned minor in Italian. On campus, other than being an honors ambassador, I am a tour guide in University 100. I also am a peer partner for InclusiveU, a program dedicated to giving students with intellectual and developmental disabilities a chance to get on campus and take classes towards a degree or certification. I am a part of campus cursive, an organization whose goal is to spread positivity and love to those who need it around campus. I’ve volunteered through Hendrick’s Chapel as well as having participated on an intramural soccer team. My goals for the future include hopefully teaching in an inclusive classroom in NYC, maybe one day becoming a principal and implementing inclusion or going into education policy and reform. What I love most about honors is both the interesting and fun classes we get to take, as well as the opportunity to get to know people outside of my major across all of the schools and colleges. All honors students are dedicated and each person brings a unique perspective to classes which I always look forward to hearing in classes. In my free time I love to do puzzles, read and hang out with my friends. A fun fact about me is that I’ve never broken a bone!

Search our site

Search Our Site

Archives