Carolina Jimenez worked with Rebar, an art and design studio which seeks to beautify the environment with large public art displays.

Carolina wrote about her experience with Rebar:

“This past summer I completed an apprenticeship at Rebar, a public art and design firm in San Francisco. I played a small role in a project in DC co-produced by the DC Office of Planning called a Cultural Art Crawl meant to showcase the diversity of an often overlooked neighborhood, and I was also placed on a project for a public arts wind sculpture in San Francisco. I worked on a model for the project and also completed various studies on how the blades could be shaped.

“This experience helped me realize that civic engagement comes in various forms. Design can be used to such ends as celebrating the culture of a community; it can be used in small scale projects, not only clients with large budgets. The wonderful thing about design is that by thinking creatively you can get so much more out of your resources than what they appear to possess at first glance.”Wind Sculpture

More Honors News

Search our site

Search Our Site

Archives