Crafty Service Hours
Syracuse Peace Council’s 52nd Annual
Plowshares Craftsfair and Peace Festival
December 3-4; Sat. 10-5, Sun. 10:30-4:30 Nottingham High School, 3100 E. Genesee St., Syracuse $2-5 sliding scale. Under 16 and over 65 FREE
Please join us at Plowshares Craftsfair on December 3-4 at Nottingham High School (3100 E. Genesee St., Syracuse). Central New York’s premier multicultural craftsfair, Plowshares celebrates a world where people enjoy their work and have control over it. With 130 craftspeople and community groups, it is a marketplace of ideas and beautifully diverse, hand made items. More than a craftsfair, it is a peace festival, with music, food and a spirit of fellowship, creating a weekend of grassroots commerce and community. It’s a wonderful opportunity to connect at year’s end and share in the life and culture of a village marketplace that has no corporate headquarters.
To help, fill out the form with how you’d like to participate and we’ll contact you to arrange the specific day and time. Please join in – it takes a community to create a community event. You can also contact Carol directly at email@example.com or call the SPC office at 315-472-5478.
Here’s how to help:
- Set-up. Shifts are 2 hr between 5-10+pm. Load at SPC and bring, unpack, set up, and more.
- Greeting. Two people per 2 hour shift. Greet people, take money, hand out programs.
- Marketplace. Three people per 2 hr shift. Cashier, cashier helper, tidy the space, help people.
- Silent Auction. 1 person per 1 hr shift. Answer questions, interact with people coming by.
- Raffle table. 2 people per 2 hr shift. Take money, talk with people.
- Clean up. Pack, bring things back to SPC, sweep, etc.