A Legacy of Service

carwash event group photoSince freshman year, Brian Cheung (’15 MG) held an executive position within Circle K, a community service club he helped start at SU. The club holds fundraisers to help the local community and conducts service projects that contribute to national and international initiatives in partnership with the sister organization Kiwanis International. Some examples of past projects include volunteering at the Ronald McDonald House, the Samaritan Center, and the Salvation Army. They also held bake sales, bubble tea sales, and car washes to raise money for various charities. One of their most popular events was “food trades” where participants got to eat wings if they donated cans of food to charity and helped make sandwiches for local food pantries.

Brian said he loved his time with Circle K; “My involvement with the club has been an extension of my involvement with Key Club in high school, which is another community service organization. It’s been cool to start a club and see it grow. As I graduate and move on to the real world I know my spirit for community service will continue.”

Help keep Brian’s legacy going, consider joining Circle K at SU!