Music to Her Ears

Symphoria eventDuring the 2014-15 concert season for Symphoria (CNY’s new, blooming co-operative symphony orchestra), Rachel Bass (‘16 AS) assisted by selling tickets, ushering, and providing general public relations interaction with existing and potential subscribers.
Having worked in service and retail in the past, Rachel has discovered her love of interacting with the public and providing a satisfying customer experience. She has had a lifelong connection to and passion for classical music in CNY, so participating with Symphoria was very fulfilling.
Symphoria is still in the development phase, slowly but surely becoming grounded in the local community, so having a friendly (and young-ish) face involved is important, even if symbolically, to show that classical and symphonic music can be attractive to people of all ages. Volunteer work is also crucial to Symphoria’s success, as they are gaining financial strength and can really benefit from talented volunteer contributions. Rachel says, “I enjoy being able to help them in this way, while experiencing great musical events in the process. I even ran into one of my professors and her young children at the kids’ concert on April 19! I will continue to volunteer with Symphoria in the 2015-16 seaason.”