See what a 499 form looks like. Your PDF document will populate with your answers to our 499 form.
- Every Honors student* is required to register for your 'Thesis Course'. This is a course with a catalog #of 499, and the subject prefix will be in your major. So if you are doing a thesis in psychology, your course will be 'PSY 499'.
- You may register for 1 - 3 credits, and you can specify that when you fill out the form.
- Your faculty advisor is the grader for your course, and you must receive a B or higher to be certified to graduate with Crown Honors.
Special for Distinction Program Students:
- If you are completing an Arts & Sciences departmental Distinction program, you do not register for 499. Honors will use the grade from your distinction course as your thesis grade requirement. So, if you are in a distinction program you can skip this process altogether.
- International Relations Distinction Students: You actually do register for 499.
- Refer to our 'Distinction Page' for more information
Fill out our online form to generate the registration paperwork for your 499 course. See details below.
Don't procrastinate! Get all the required signatures by our deadline! There are instructions on the form for exactly whose signatures you need.
Submit to Honors
Your completed form gets submitted back to Honors for our signature! Honors will then forward your form to your Dean's office, then the registrar for processing.