Attend a funding workshop (Dates TBA)
Oct 9, 2023: Complete Application & Faculty Mentor form Due
Mid-November: Award Notifications sent via email
Who to Contact:
If you are a Renée Crown Honors Student:
- Ali Holtzapple (firstname.lastname@example.org)
In the Office of Undergraduate Research (SOURCE) --If you are not an Honors Student
- Kate Hanson (email@example.com)
- Odette Rodriguez (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Fund Your Thesis
The Honors Program supports a select number of Thesis projects with Crown Awards and Wise-Marcus 50-Year Friendship Awards. Each year we fund approximately 25 projects with up to $5,000 per project. Additionally, a distinguished Honors alum, Dr. Lynne Parker, has sponsored the Parker Award for Women in Science, which funds a female student's Thesis project in a science field each year.
Funding can make additional research opportunities, materials, or travel available to you, helping you produce an even more impressive final project. Additionally, it's a valuable professional experience: learning to create a budget and argue on behalf of your project prepares you for future grant writing and application processes.
What we fund
- reimbursement for research materials, supplies and expenses
- research travel
- other necessary and reasonable expenses
- in some cases, students may be awarded summer living expenses to work on the project.
- in extenuating cases students may be reimbursed for expenditures already incurred.