Well, yes, reading and talking and participating. Honors is inviting popular speaker, veteran communications strategist and award-winning writer and editor, Jay Walljasper to give a talk on the status of the commons. What is the commons, you ask? That is exactly the place at which we will begin. Here’s the deal:
- Find at least three friends who want to participate with you
- Download the brief essay available here
- Everyone in your group reads the essay and meets to discuss it
- Attend the Thursday, November 8th talk with Jay Walljasper in LSB 001 at 8pm
- Take a picture of your group at the talk to show you participated
- Enter three civic engagement hours online and attach a copy of the photo as the supervisor’s approval signature
It’s that easy and you will be helping to spread a discussion we want to share with the Honors community. Community building, meaningful conversation, interactive dialogue….that’s civic engagement!
Contact Karen firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help getting started!