Honors Ambassadors are Honors students drawn from all the schools and colleges who represent the Honors Program at their home college/school events such as admissions/recruitment Open Houses. This team acts as a resource for prospective students and their families through sharing about their experiences pursuing their degree program while participating in the Honors program. In addition, they assist in hosting Honors events such as Thesis Presentation days, Annual Research fairs, Honors Welcome dinners, etc. Honors Ambassadors are required to participate in at least one leadership training session on diversity and inclusion and attend at least two group meetings during the semester (This requirement is waived during the semester that an Ambassador is studying abroad). Through their participation, Honors Ambassadors develop invaluable leadership skills and receive civic engagement hours for their time commitment.
- Meet with prospective students and families visiting campus during Orange Preview Honors Open Houses, admitted students’ receptions, etc.
- Participate in panels during spring Open House and Welcome Day events.
- Assist in hosting Honors events such as the Annual Honors Research Fair and Thesis Presentation Days.
- Represent the Honors program at their home college/school admissions events and other related events.
- Must be comfortable speaking to large groups of people and to people they are meeting for the first time.
- Should be comfortable interacting with individuals from diverse background.
- Should be comfortable talking about their Honors experience.
- Must be in good standing in Honors.
- Should be familiar with the campus wide resources to share with prospective students and their families.
Apply to be an Honors Ambassador
The application to become an Honors Ambassador is below. There are a number of essay questions that may require you to plan your responses. Those are previewed here so you can begin your application writing separately, and then fill out this form when you are ready to submit.
- How does being in the Honors Program enhance your undergraduate experience?
- What is the most interesting Honors class you have taken or plan to take?
- What is your motivation for applying to be an Honors Ambassador? How will you contribute to the group and how will being an Honors Ambassador enhance your undergraduate experience?