Volunteer Opportunities at UUMC
- Friday Pantry-each Friday of the month our food pantry is open to our neighborhood. Welcome, support and facilitate access to Food Pantry items with our neighbors. Unload our food truck, sort & stage foods. Hospitality area with coffee and snacks and clothing closet all need assistance. (8:30-12:30pm) Spanish speaking/multi-lingual volunteers especially needed. 3.5hr. volunteer opportunity
When the Syracuse City School District closes for foul weather or extreme temperatures UUMC’s Food Pantry is also closed
- Community Breakfast—2/11/18 & 2/25/18, 8:30-10:30am, Fellowship Hall. Join in our efforts to prepare, serve and clean up a hot, homemade, fabulous breakfast with guests, friends, congregation and neighbors. Clean up volunteers especially needed at 9:45am. 2hr. Volunteer opportunity
- Bagel & Coffee Breakfast- 2/4/18 & 2/18/18, 9:30am, Gathering Room 1st floor. Support this ministry in supplying food to our neighbors and congregation by hosting folk and enjoying a quick breakfast. Food & directions provided for you to successfully complete this task. 1hr. Volunteer opportunity
- Food Truck delivery/unloading– 2/13/18 & 2/27/18, 9am (ish). Assist in unloading CNY Food Bank items into our pantry. 1.5hr. Volunteer opportunity
- Game Day-2/17/18, 12noon. Join us in watching SU Men’s basketball team take on Miami on a large screen. Assist in welcoming guests and organizing the food area.
- Interested in working toward Social Justice in Syracuse? Please join the Church & Society Team. Call church office for date/time of next meeting.
- Please join us at our monthly Outreach Meetings. Weigh in on Outreach activities, efforts and directions of the UUMC Outreach Team. UUMC, Gathering room 2/20/18, 5pm
These volunteer opportunities are a small representation of the ministries, activities, programs and events that happen monthly at UUMC. Please know that all are welcome to participate however they can/or are interested and able. Please contact Galyn at 315-475-7277 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.