Intern with Inkululeko
Jason Torreano, Executive Director – email@example.com (Based in New York, USA)
Matt Kellen, Deputy Director + Curriculum/Instruction Advisor – firstname.lastname@example.org (Based in Grahamstown, South Africa)
5-8 hours per week for Fall 2016, intern may work remotely.
The intern’s duties include:
- Come up with executable ideas for hard copy and electronic displays to showcase the work Inkululeko is doing in the Grahamstown, South Africa community.
- Devising an integrated social media strategy that works multiple platforms and engages and empowers people in the USA and South Africa around Inkululeko and its work.
- Collaborating occasionally with board members on focused tasks/assignments.
- Devising high impact, engaging fundraising ideas that galvanize communities and encourage participation and donations to Inkululeko.
- Establishing relationships with other community groups, college students, fraternities and sororities to further Inkululeko’s mission.
- Researching different foundations/grant makers/corporate responsibility programs to apply for funding.
- Working with Inkululeko staff to draft letters to send to current and potential supporters as well as grant makers and foundations.
- Communicating regularly with Jason Torreano via face-to-face meetings and communicating via e-mail, at least one time per week, with Matt Kellen and/or Zukisani Lamani on company provided e-mail account.
- Performing other duties as assigned by Jason Torreano and/or Matt Kellen.
- Desire to engage with a non-profit in a cross-cultural setting.
- Familiarity with social media platforms, e-mail marketing.
- Willingness to reach out to community members and groups to establish relationships for Inkululeko.
- Proficiency with design program preferable, but not required.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and a short overview of 2-3 ideas for projects he/she would like to work on with Inkululeko based on the above job description.
Submissions should be sent to email@example.com