Turning in your Final Thesis
There are multiple Thesis Turn In Days (see timelines for dates):
The "Best Thesis of the Year" in Humanities, Social Science, Science/Engineer, Professional Schools, and "Creative" categories each receive a $500 prize. One of those will be selected for the Orlin Prize for "Outstanding Thesis of the Year" and will receive an additional $1,000. Why not submit yours? All (and only) Thesis projects submitted by the spring prize deadline are eligible (see timeline for dates).
The Turn In Process
I. First, take our exit/grad survey (link below) to proceed to the turn-in form.
II. Next, submit your Thesis via our turn-in form:
- You will be asked to upload
- Electronic version of your final written Thesis (10 MB limit),
- Any supplemental files to be uploaded (10 MB limit)
- or links to large files that exceed the limits above, or supplemental materials (external websites, YouTube videos, Dropbox files etc...)
III. Next, head over to the Honors office and hand in the physical copy of your title page signed by your Advisor and your Honors Reader: Download the title page template here (Word download; the Honors director signs it after you turn it in.)
We’ve created a “template” for you that contains the various sections (Abstract, Table of Contents, etc.), with the correct margins, and will allow you to “paste” in your project. You can download the template here.
3. Additional Materials: Required formats for media:
- Magazine, photography, or book projects: in addition to the physical magazine or book itself, please provide electronic copies of layouts of magazines etc...in PDF format. For supplemental photos, please provide images in any of the following formats: jpg, gif, png or any format that is accessible to Adobe CS.
- Videos: submit a link to your video in the turn in form.
- Audio: please submit a link to where your audio files can downloaded.
In those instances in which a Project cannot be physically submitted (e.g. an art exhibit or website link), you should submit the text portion of your Thesis and provide links in the supplemental section of the turn-in form.