A note from Leah to the Honors community:

Defining I: Reflections on Adoption and Identity is a multimedia presentation of my Capstone Research. I hope you can join me at my opening reception at ArtRage Gallery on Saturday, March 26, from 7:00-9:00PM.  The exhibit runs through April 1. 

Image of two eyes

Defining I: Reflections of Adoption & Identity

Opening Reception – Saturday, March 26 from 7-9pm

Exhibition Viewing Hours
Wednesday, March 30th – 5-8pm
Thursday, March 31st  – 3-8pm
Friday, April 1st – 3-8pm

I’m adopted from South Korea. It’s a statement that, at one point in my life, was a hard idea for me to grasp. However, growing up in a diverse community and within a multicultural family, I was lucky to have the right support to eventually become proud of who I am. Now with a keen interest in other cultures, I find other people’s background stories fascinating. Defining I: Reflections of Adoption and Identity focuses on cross-cultural adoption and identity issues to explore and better understand how we as adoptees come to define ourselves.

Leah Garlock is a senior at Syracuse University studying Communications Design and Photography. As a Crown Wise Scholar in the Renée Crown Honors Program, Leah has had the privilege to travel and talk to adoptees from around the country about their experiences with adoption. It is this collection of experiences that has helped shape her own identity and have become the motivation to share the stories of others.

Photo of Leah Garlock

ArtRage – the Norton Putter Gallery
505 Hawley Avenue, Syracuse
Wheelchair accessible
315.218.5711 – artragegallery.org

More Honors News

Search our site

Search Our Site

Archives